I met Zurab Tsiskaridze back in 2009 and I didn’t know what to think of him. After spending a few weeks with him, I realized how great of a person he is! He speaks 7 languages, and is such a genuine person. So I definitely had to have him on the show and share his story! I’ll definitely have to bring him on the show again in the future, because as Z said himself, we’ve only scratched the surface of his story.
- Zurab was born in Georgia in 1986 which happened to be a part of the Soviet Union at the time. In 1991, his family minus his father relocated to Poland when he was just 5 years old. His father came to the United States to seek a better life for the family. It would be a while before that happened.
- Being in a new environment was tough on him. He was often picked on in school, and had to fight daily because he was ridiculed for being different. Z says that experience taught him to stand up for other people who are either afraid or unable to stand up for themselves to this very day.
- He eventually moved to the Virginia when he was 14. He didn’t speak a lick of english, and being in the United States was a culture shock for him.
- Z started playing football in the streets of Poland. Thats where he learned a lot of what he knows today. After settling in Virginia, his father got him onto a local team. By the end of the training session, everyone on the team wanted to be his friend. Soccer helped him adapt into his new environment and its been a staple in his life since then.
- He excelled in the US, earning a call up to the ODP team, before spending time in Brazil, and then back to the US for a trial with DC United. He spent some time with the Kansas City Wizards before deciding to start his career in Europe.
- He’s spent time all over the world. Brazil, Poland, France, Russia, Thailand, Czechoslovakia, and Sweden.
Till next week, go out there and LIVE A PROS LIFE!