Tony and I met back at a U-20 MNT camp, and briefly shared the same field when I was with Miami FC on loan in the early days of my career. I remember going to Pollo Tropical quite often for dinner with other teammates, and talking about our soccer aspirations. I had to bring him on the show. Heres what we spoke about:
- Being a part of a military family that moved around rather often.
- His mom keeping things together while his dad was away at sea.
- His dad studied the training methods of top teams around the world and made sure that Tony was doing the same thing.
- Representing the United States in the U-20 World Cup in Egypt
- Playing professionally in Portugal, Cyprus, and the MLS
- Participating in the Europa League
- Choosing to play for Panama instead of the United States at the senior level
- What he’s looking to accomplish with his hometown club, the Jacksonville Armada
Each episode is recorded at APL HQ in Los Angeles, our graphics are created by Anthony Molina over at AMolina Designs in Phoenix, Arizona.
Thanks to everyone I mentioned above, I’m now able to spend more time connecting with your favorite players to bring you their first hand account of their journey! I love you guys, and thank you for being a part of this incredible movement. The show has been listened to in over 45 countries now, and its ALL THANKS TO YOU!
If you have a moment to spare today, if you got some value from this episode or any other episode, and you haven’t yet left a review for the show on iTunes, I would be forever grateful for that. I read each one and not only does it keep me inspired to continue bringing you these episodes, but it helps the show grow organically!
Till next week, GO OUT THERE AND LIVE A PRO’S LIFE!