I met Josh during my first year as a professional with the LA Galaxy.
Upon being released by LA, Josh spent the following season with DC United. Most people remember Josh for the altercation he had with a former teammate, and an incident that occurred in the US Open Cup Final against the Seattle Sounders back in 2009.
However, 8 years later, I’ve had the privilege of playing alongside Josh again in Sweden with AFC United. We became close that year, and I can honestly say that he’s become like a brother to me. Often times, we spoke about our dreams
Josh spent 3 years at the club, co-captaining the team, establishing himself as one of the best keepers in all of Sweden, and helping the team win promotion from the 3rd division all the way to the 1st.
We spoke about:
- His hometown of San Bernardino
- Playing soccer for the first time to get some candy
- His journey from the MLS to Finland, Iceland, to the IK Sirius.
- The lowest moment of his life. Losing his contract, suffering a career threatening injury, and a drinking problem that he developed to cope with it all.
- The importance of being in control of his emotions
- His ambition of representing the US Mens National Team
Check out the show notes on the website: www.aproslife.com