Had the pleasure of chatting with Emmanuel Appiah who was my roommate during the preseason with the New England Revolution this past season. We cultivated a good relationship, so I definitely wanted him to share his journey with us. We spoke about:
- Being born in Sampa, Ghana and raised by his aunt until the age of 12, which is when he moved to Columbus, Ohio to live with his parents.
- How the beautiful game helped him assimilate into the American culture.
- Soccer opening doors for him. He attended the University of Cincinnati and playing 4 years there.
- Getting drafted into the MLS with the Colorado Rapids and bouncing around for a bit.
- How having the right mentality and faith in GOD helped him get through injuries and the uncertainty that comes with playing sports at the professional level.
There’s a lot of little nuggets of wisdom in this episode, can’t wait for you all to hear it!
Help The Show Grow!
If you have a moment to spare today, if you got some value from this episode or any other episode, I’d appreciate it you you left an honest rating and review of the show 🙂 I read each one and not only does it keep me inspired to continue bringing you these episodes, but it helps the show grow organically!
Follow The Show!
Follow Emmanuel Appia
Follow Your Host Tristan
Youtube: Tristan Bowen
Graphic Design: Anthony Molina