I had the pleasure of making a new friend in Beverly. I was reminded of some values that I grew up with and learned a few things that I’d like to implement into my life.
Here’s some of what we spoke about:
- Being a good person above everything else
- Falling in love with the game from the first moment she stepped on the field
- Why she enjoys being on teams where she’s surrounded by players that are better than her.
- Taking a chance on herself and how following her heart has always lead her in the right direction.
- Leaving a full scholarship at Sacramento State University to be a part of the soccer program at the University of Miami where she was only given a 5% scholarship. (28th minute)
- Her father voicing his concern about her decision making.
- Finding out via Twitter that she was drafted.
- Finding a new club once the WPSL dissolved.
- Stepping out of her comfort zone and signing with INAC Kobe Leonessa in Japan who she describes as the women’s version of Barcelona.
- Getting married to her childhood love who she met in middle school who also happens to be a former professional player (Columbus Crew) and the perks of that.
- The importance of having a strong inner circle. How their love, support and encouragement has played a role in her pursing her dreams.
- Switching positions midway through her career and why she believes it’s important to be open to that.
- Becoming a true student of the game and how it’s transformed her career
- Being a great teammate and helping the next generation as much as possible
Each episode is recorded at APL HQ in Los Angeles, our graphics are created by Anthony Molina over at AMolina Designs in Phoenix, Arizona.
Thanks to everyone I mentioned above, I’m now able to spend more time connecting with your favorite players to bring you their first hand account of their journey! I love you guys, and thank you for being a part of this incredible movement. The show has been listened to in 50 countries now, and its ALL THANKS TO YOU!
If you have a moment to spare today, if you got some value from this episode or any other episode, and you haven’t yet left a review for the show on iTunes, I would be forever grateful for that. I read each one and not only does it keep me inspired to continue bringing you these episodes, but it helps the show grow organically!
Till next week, GO OUT THERE AND LIVE A PRO’S LIFE!